Jefferson High School Science Club
Join the Club!
Science Club Mission
The mission of the Jefferson High School Science Club is to have FUN!
Officially, the mission is to make available to all students of Jefferson High School a variety of science-related high-interest, worthwhile student-driven extra-curricular academic endeavors, including authentic science experiments and other hands-on activities; to facilitate students' participation in interscholastic academic competitions; and to organize field trips.
2019-2020 Science Club Officers
- President: Matthew Spiker
- Vice President: Open
- Secretary: Open
- Treasurer: Open
Get Involved with the Science Club
- Bridge Engineering Design Contest
- Design and Build Model Rockets
- Fun Chemistry Experiments
- S'More Stoichiometry
- Make Silver Mirror Holiday Ornaments
- Build and launch model rockets
- Make Tie-Dye T-Shirts
- Competitive Paper Airplane building
Field Trips (Tentative)
- FBI Headquarters, Washington, DC
- USDA Fish Research Station / Leetown Science Center
Support the Science Club
Student membership annual dues cover only a small portion of the club's expenses. The Science Club is seeking corporate sponsors. Please contact Mr. Shane Price, Science Club Advisor, for more information. The Science Club also greatly appreciates in-kind contributions and donations in any amount. Check out our Amazon Wish List
. Checks should be made payable to "Jefferson High School". Thank you!
Science Club Meetings
The Science Club meets during Cougar "A" on the 1st Thursday of each month in room B-14. Officers and committee chairs must attend. All others welcome.
Experiments, field trips, and other activities will be scheduled throughout the year.
- Tuesday, September 3 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, October 1 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, November 5 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, December 3 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, January 7 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, February 4 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, March 3 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, March 31 - Regular Monthly Meeting
- Tuesday, May 5 - Regular Monthly Meeting
-- Updated 8/20/2019 SP.